- Model name: NovoConnect NC-X700
- To fully exercise the new features developed in this release, the following Software are required
- Remote Manager with version V3.2.0 or above.
- NovoConnect App with version V4.4.0 or above.
- NovoConnect Software with version V4.4.0 or above.
- LauncherPlus Full version Client Moderator rule. The first connected LauncherPlus Full version client set itself as moderator automatically when the device is in Education mode.
- Support adjustable Panel Blue-Light Mode which is adjustable via NT Settings or Remote Manager (with version V3.2.0 or above).
- HDMI CEC with [Enable/Disable] setting which is configurable via NT Settings or Remote Manager (with version V3.2.0 or above) (default: Disable).
- Customizable screen background. The screen background image can be reset through Remote Manager V3.2.0+.
- Controlling NT Live Start/Stop and switching Broadcast/Receiver dynamically via NovoConnect App [on Windows and Mac].
- NT announcement function. Users can use Restful API or Remote Manager V3.2.0+ to add announcement messages or change settings (default: Off).
- Network Stability Monitor with [On/Off] setting which is configurable via NT Settings (default: Off).
- (DSA/Wi-Fi Launcher will display the network stability monitoring status icon during full-screen mirroring).
- Sound output and automatic detection. Support USB speakers, HDMI speakers, Bluetooth speakers, Line out.
- NovoDS uses “first come, first served” as the default rule (setting) to accept connection requests from management clients (DS Studio and NovoDS.com), and this rule can be reset through the settings menu.
- The device ID can be reset after NovoDS is connected to the cloud service (NovoDS.com).
- [Device/Cloud] Support NT Bulletin (Turn on USER INTERACTION via novods.com).
Enhancements & Changes
- NT Live Receiver APP icon was changed.
- Hotspot Channel default value was set to 40.
- Show Meeting ID [Enable/Disable] default value was set to Enable.
- Modified the text description of enabling Miracast to include “Wi-Fi hotspot is turned off”.
- Modified the text description when LauncherPlus Lite version is connected to the educational version of the device, prompting the user to install the Full version.
- Added a prompt not to enter manual pairing when pairing QL300 (2.4G only) under 5G hotspot.
- Changed the default keyboard input method to GBoard.
- Modify the built-in download page of the device to include only the log page and the LauncherPlus Lite version software download page, supporting 15 languages.
- Added encrypt for Remote Manager, FileSharing, Voting & AirNote data.
- Added floating widgets of Home Key and Back Key when leaving the RVA homepage.
- Improved initial projection speed and reduced the mirroring latency for DSA / Wi-Fi Launcher.
- Improved image quality (clarity, sharpness) at true 4K resolution.
- Added MDM APP, YouTube APP on App page.
- Added 5 new APPs for Web Conferencing: Zoom, Skype, MS Teams, Google Meeting, Cisco Webex Meeting.
- Improved the projection method to avoid ANR problems in RVA.
- Adjusted the PCM channel to only allow the sound from the USB camera (including speakers).
- Reduced the chance of a green screen at high DPI.
- Fixed the camera noise problem during Skype or Teams video conference.
- Fixed the problem of blurred image for Split Screen.
- Fixed a random RVA crash when answering a call in Google Meet.
- Fixed the issue of invalid volume keys for remote control on the X700.
- Fixed the problem of Wi-Fi Hotspot being disabled randomly when X700 is powered off or restart.
- Fixed electric current noise problem on X700.
- Fixed the stop-and-go issue for Video Clip to play MOV files.
- Fixed the problem of incomplete display of some languages after automatic restart.
- [AirPlay] – Improve YouTube playback performance
- [Logs] Fixed the issue of “device crash due to log files using up built-in storage”
- [NovoDS] Fixed the issue of “4k portrait video not being played properly”
- [Audio-Out] Fixed the issue of “high-frequency audio glitches at Audio-Out”
- [Device Firmware] Allow users to enable/disable Presentation mode or Signage mode
- [Device Firmware] Support 50Hz refresh rate for all resolutions (4K, 1080p, 720p)
- [Remote Control] Enable users to switch between Presentation mode and Signage mode by clicking the NovoConnect button on the Remote Control
- [Device Firmware] Feature AirNote is supported
- [Device Firmware] Feature Voting/Polling is supported
- [Device Firmware] Feature Sleep Timer is supported
- [Device Firmware] PIN code will show up automatically when someone attempts to connect to X700 during live presentation.
- [Device Firmware] New options added AutoConfig: Miracast on/off, Miracast PIN on/off, and, Report server on/off.
- [Device Firmware] Two new features related to Signage playback (NovoDS)
- Support both landscape and portrait modes
- Support dual-video decoding
- [Device Firmware] Updates for home-screen configurations
- Show or hide LAN and WiFi info separately
- Update “How-to Present” instructions
- [Device Firmware] Update built-in web browsing capability to be compatible with modern web pages
- Meeting ID is changed to digits only.
- [Device Firmware] Disable HDMI-CEC by default to prevent X700 from being forced into sleep mode unexpectedly
- [Device Firmware] Fixed the issue of “WiFi may disconnect unexpectedly after long-term usage”
- [Device Firmware] Fixed stability issue of long-term video playback and Miracast mirroring
- [Device Firmware] Fixed NT Settings’ crash issue. In addition, recovery mechanism is added in case of a crash.
- [Device Firmware] Fixed the issue of “forcing users to manually select the pairing IP address during LaucnherPlus pairing process”
- [Device Firmware] Fixed the issue of “unable to start NT LiveReceiver when someone is mirroring”
- [Device Firmware] Multiple bug-fixes for Signage playback (NovoDS)
- Fixed the blank screen during video-to-video transition
- Updated Facebook and Instagram APIs to stay compatible with their latest
- Disabled preview unless X700 is in Signage playback mode