- Added “NovoDS Studio Express”
- Added “Singlewire” support, an emergency mass notification service
- Below models supported Facebook login via Access ID
- DS100, DS200, DS300, DS301, DK3, EK2, EK3
Enhancements & Changes
- Twitter widget
- Updated to support service changes by Twitter(now “X”).
- DS100, DS200, DS300 no longer supports Twitter.
- YouTube widget – updated to support security changes by Google
Enhancements & Changes
- [Device] DS110, 210, 310 support full-package firmware upgrade.
- Fixed serveral major issues found in the following widgets:
- Social Media widget: Facebook
- Social Media widget: Instagram
- Calendar widget(when using iCal)
- Text widget: Remote text via FTP
- Fixed playback issue when using Daily schedule.
- [Device] Supported Facebook via its Access ID on DS100, DS200, DS300
- [Cloud] Playlist sharing
- Allowing users to share their playlists with any members of the same organization.
- A shared playlist can be edited by multiple users. However, to ensure content integrity, the shared playlist can only be edited by one user at a time, in other words, when a shared playlist is edited by someone, other users will not be able to edit it at the same time.
Note: The existing function “Followed Playlists” is replaced by “Shared Playlists”.
Enhancements & Changes
- [Device] Optimized the animation effect of image transition
- [Device] Changed the time format in Calendar widget to follow System Time format (12h or 24h)
- [Device] NovoDS displaying a blue screen or returning to the home screen when switching schedule.
- [Device] NovoDS displaying a black screen when showing the image from some URLs in Twitter post.
- [Device] Webpage widget displaying a black screen when multiple Webpage widgets showing the same URL.
- [Device] Media RSS (MRSS) not displaying images.
- [Device] Corrected a translation error in French.
- [Device] The weekly schedule not working when the upload time of a schedule is within the scheduled time range.
- [Cloud] NovoDS Cloud did not show the default background color (black) after top-layer content is removed.
- [Cloud] Media widget – Modifying video playback duration could make playlists not play-able.
- [Cloud] RSS widget – Bullet-point formatting was mistakenly used when configuring RSS widget in slideshow mode.
- [Cloud] RSS widget – When Display Mode was set as “Slideshow”, MRSS was not shown.
- [Cloud] Occasionally, content files could be missing after playlists/schedules were published to NovoDS devices.
- [Cloud] Occasionally, “Save” button didn’t work when editing playlists.
- [Cloud] Occasionally, a playlist containing multiple PDF files in one Media widget didn’t play.
- [Studio] RSS – incorrect scrolling direction
- [Studio] Text – stuck in horizontal scrolling even if “static” or “vertical scrolling” was chosen
- [Studio] The default playlist was missing when importing a playback schedule from an NDSS file
- [Studio] The URL (web page address string) was incorrect when importing a playlist from an NPL2 file
- [Studio] The background color of weather widget was incorrect when importing a playlist from an NPL2 file
- [Device] Fixed YouTube not launching properly during/after GMS update for DS100, DS200, DS300
- [Device] Fixed classic style not displaying content in Twitter widget
- [Studio] Fixed the issue when user uses RS232 command to change newline
- [Studio] Fixed correct the parameter of showType
- [DS cloud] Support new model: NovoDisplay DK3
- [DS cloud] RSS widget adds add vertical scrolling styles
- [DS cloud] Social media widget supports public links (of public Facebook)
- [DS cloud] Social media widget removes the column of Facebook’s user name
- [DS cloud] Webpage widget adds font-scaling configuration
- [Studio] Suppor new model: NovoDisplay DK3
- [Studio] Improve the stability of Remote Snapshot by eliminating redundant communications
- [Studio] Correct the layer ordering in preview mode
- [Cloud] Correct the layer ordering in preview mode
Known Issues about NovoDisplay DK3
- 4K video clips are not supported when DK3 is in Portrait mode.
- Remote Snapshot will return black screen when 4K video or YouTube is played
- [DS Cloud] Support new models: Novo DS 301
- [DS Cloud] Implement feature “Save playlist as template” (without content)
- [Studio] Support new models: Novo DS 301
- [Device] Re-designed homepage
- [Device] Support external storage (microSD card)
- [Device] Use new browser engine
- [Device] Fixed the issue of no audio output after NovoDS4K switched to HDMI-in.
- [Device] Fixed an issue where playlist content on the device was not synced with the remote site after deleting a file from OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox, Samba, and FTP.
- [Device] Fixed the playlist restart issue caused by the playlist content processing timeout.
- [Device] Fixed the issue of “Escape characters (such as “\r”, “\n”) in RS232 commands are not supported properly (when configuring them via NovoDS Cloud)”
- [Device/Studio/DS Cloud] DS100 4K output.
- [Studio/DS Cloud] “Save As” support.
- [Device/Studio/DS Cloud] Media widget to play PDF with specified number of pages.
- [Device/Studio/DS Cloud] Support M3U & PLS & MP3 format.
- [Studio] Fixed page ID and page label mismatch when linking pages.
- [Studio] Fixed page clutter when changing page order with 10 or more pages.
- [Device] Fixed an issue of abnormal display of remote text/UTF-8/UTF-16/Unicode
- [Device] Fixed an issue of showing black screen when playing 10+ YouTube videos in a row.
- [Device] Fixed an issue of showing “loading” when long time playing YouTube video.
- [Device] Fixed an issue of crash when long time (39hr) playing PDF widget.
- [Device] Fixed YouTube widget stopping playing after 1 hour of playlist “resto bois”.
- [Device] Fixed YouTube widget crash after playing 4 hours playlist “resto bois”.
- [Device] Fixed the issue that DS devices could not be registered to NovoDS.com when the cloud service was enabled after software upgrade.
- [Device] Fixed an issue where the playback speed slowed down over time after playing a PDF for a long time.
- [DS Cloud] Fixed an issue where announcements/playlists were posted too slowly.
- [DS Cloud] Fixed an issue where sometimes playlists could not be published.
- [DS Cloud] Fixed the issue of abnormal display of “Last play”
- [DS Cloud] Fixed an issue where the “page number out of range” message was displayed instead of playing the PDF when the user ignored the “pdfPageRange” property.
Changes & Optimizations
- [Studio] Optimization of “NovoDS Cloud Manager”.
- [DS Cloud] FAQs #2 optimization for typesetting.
- [Device] Password protection for remote access to all Novo DS devices
- [Device] Support for displaying “weekly” events in the calendar with blue and green theme colors and two options:
- Option 1: 7 days a week,
- Option 2: 5 working days per week,
- [Device] Support DS audio announcement: upload audio files (wav, mp3) or record in real time.
- Fixed the issue of showing “Next Run” after a single (one-time) schedule.
- Fixed the problem of abnormal display after synchronizing playback controls.
- [Device] Fixed the problem that the NTP Server time sometimes jumped to 2032
Changes & Optimizations
- Copyright updated to 2022
- [Device] NovoDS 100/200/300 no longer supports Facebook/Instagram widgets. The device shows “This Novo device no longer supports Facebook/Instagram Widgets”.
- Changed login from Facebook Widgets Widget to from Cloud (NovoConnect NC-X series and NovoTouch and NovoDisplay).
- Added “Publish to Device” hotkey in DS scheduler.
- Added hour: minute (“23:59”) time format to clock widget.
- Optimization and stability improvement
- [Device/Studio] Configurable TCP server on the device side. The user can enable/disable the TCP server for all data transmission between the device and NovoDS Studio from the “Preferences” setting. The default is “Disabled”.
- [Device/Studio] Configurable TCP port for FTP passive mode. The user can set a fixed TCP port/ports for FTP passive mode in the “Preferences” settings. The default port range is between 1024 and 65535.
- [Device] Support SMB 2.0 for Remote Media Widget.
Changes & Optimizations
- [Device] Optimized HDMI ON/OFF schedule.
- [Device] Optimized Watch Dogs.
- [Studio] Optimized Preview Engine
- [Studio] Optimized the teaching window of DS Cloud.
- [Device] Fixed the issue of YouTube frozen when YouTube is playing for more than 8 hours.
- [Device] Fixed a display error on network information (Ethernet displayed as Wi-Fi) in Homepage.
- [Studio] Fixed the issue of “Failed to transfer playlist content to NovoDS devices”
- [Studio] Fixed the issue of not being able to upload playlist for each device in the group.
- [Studio] Fixed the issue of not playing playlist after device unexceptional shutdown.
- [Studio] Fixed the issue of duplicate IP addresses in the group.
- [Studio] Use a fixed port in FTP passive mode for data transfer between Studio and device, and the default value is 20302.
- Note: The port number can be changed in NovoDS_Setting.ini (for example, change the port to 20310, FTP_PASV_PORT_NUM=20310).
- [Device] Auto Time Zone Detection
- [Cloud] Upload playlist from PC to Cloud
Changes & Optimizations
- [Studio/Cloud] Optimized Facebook widget process and display text.
- [Cloud] Added “Region” field to the registration form
- [Studio/Cloud] Optimized the prompt text of offline DS devices.
- [Studio] Added quick switching function of playlist.
- [Device] Made the BSP compatible with the new/old WiFi module.
- [Device] The Android system settings will be maintained after the changing WiFi settings and restarting the system.
- [Device/Studio] Optimized DS scheduling check and execution time.
- Fixed the issue of displaying extra “.” in the time field of Dutch weather.
- Fixed the access issue of multiple playlists accessing the same Google Drive Path.
- [Device] Support Google Drive security level for public link sharing in Sept 13th.
- [Device] Fixed the issue of “Access issues with Google driver”
- [Cloud] Thumbnail preview for playlist
- [DS Studio/Cloud] Support custom background color
- [DS Studio/Cloud/Device] Support Hikvision GLDL2PC-V counting camera
- [Device] Fixed the issue of “ No sound in Marvin Birthday playlist ”
Changes & Optimizations
- [DS Studio] Added about page in “HomeScreen”
- [DS Studio/Cloud] Added prompt message in “DS schedules”
- When time overlap happens in playback schedules, the last schedule has a priority
- [DS Studio/Cloud/Device] Optimized the weather widget, use ” ° ” for temperature (for example, 65°).
- [Device] Updated Player library
- [DS Studio] Renew www.novods.com AWS Server S3 key
- To upload a playlist to www.novods.com by using NovoDS Cloud Manager, the following Software are required
- NovoDS Studio with version V3.7.1 or above.
- Cloud with version V3.0.0 or above.
- Support NovoDS individual OTA update on NovoTouch EK-2 and LK-1 (NovoDS V3.7.0 above is required)
- [DS Studio] Support create an external Auto-start playlist for USB sticker or microSD card (NovoDS V3.7.0 above is required) (DS Studio > DS Playlist > Export > Auto-start playlist for external storage (clean up and duplicate a new one))
- [DS Studio] Support portrait mode in create playlist in NovoDisplay DK551P
- [NovoDS Cloud] Support delete account feature
- [NovoDS Cloud] Enable/ disable Email notification for publish playlist
- [NovoDS Mobile] Add send feedback
- [NovoDS Mobile] Add How to buy license
- [DS Studio] Support key Enter to “\n” on RS232 command
- [DS Studio] Preview engine enhancement
- [NovoDS Cloud] Auto save on edit playlist
- [NovoDS Cloud] Schedule display ON/OFF UI improvement
- Support HDMI-IN on NovoDisplay (Model name: DK431, DK551P, DK651, DK751) V4.2.1 above
- Fixed NovoDS4K HDMI-IN without sound issue
- [Studio] Fixed the issue of “failure to configure Common Alerting Protocol (CAP)”
- Add Factory Reset
- Add “NovoDS Remote” into NovoDS Studio installation package
- Enhance communication security between NovoDS Studio and NovoDS devices
- [NovoDS Studio] Display total file size of playlists
- [NovoDS Studio] Add link to allow users to open the playlist’s folder
- [Device] Update Instagram & Facebook API
- [Device] Remote Media: support multiple GoogleDrive URLs
- [Device] Remote Text: support UTF-8
- [Device] Clock widget: update with new graphics
- [NovoTouch LK1] Enable RESTful APIs
- [Device] Fixed the issue of “failure to play 4K portrait video clips”
- Fixed some translation (Spanish) issues in widget People Counting
- Fixed the issue of “Instagram log-in failure” (due to Instagram’s API updates.)
- Add option “Enhanced Rendering” to Webpage widget to enable user have more control on browser engine
- Fixed the issue of “some websites are not displayed properly by disabling Enhanced-Rendering” (E.g. https://www.sps.org/)
- Add Store Traffic widget for users to manage store occupancy
- Work with Vivotek “people-counting” camera (SC813x)
- Add “remote volume control” capability for NC-X700, NC-X900, NovoDisplay and NovoTouch
- A number of GUI optimization for better user experience
- Simplify audio source configuration for NovoDSmini, NovoDS, and NovoDS4k
- Fixed the issue of “NovoDS crashes when decoding high-resolution images in Media widget”
- Fixed the issue of “RESTful API is not properly enabled in NovoTouch EK-2 series”
- Fixed the issue of “Caption is not shown in Clock widget when the display region becomes too small”
- Fixed the issue of “Images with a resolution of 1080p or above cannot be displayed properly in Webpage widget”
- [Bug] Fixed the issue of “automatic content refresh fails when using Remote-media’ FTP method”
- Widget updates
- Media – Support media files stored on Removable Storage
- Text – Support URL in File Protocol
- Twitter – Add “Classic” style
- Clock – Add time zone and caption
- Weather – Add “Contemporary” theme
- Webpage – Add the option of button “Go Back”
- Media widget – Add specify the playback timeslot for Video
- Background Design – Add the option of picking color
- Background Music – support audio streaming from the Internet (Internet Radio)
- Support synchronized playback for NC-X700, NC-X900
- Add Devices Setting for NC-X700, NC-X900 and NovoDisplay
- Support HDMI-in for X900
- Preview Now –
- Support multi-page PDF documents
- Support Background Image
- DS Schedules – Add playlist names in “Description” field
- [Device] Show status messages when downloading content from Cloud storage the very first time
- USB webcam widget – Add the display area is full screen option
- Continued background music when background music can be setting for “Apply To All Pages”
- [NovoDS Studio] Fixed the issue of “playlist exporting/importing issue when the playlist contains non-English file/folder names”
- Fixed the issue of “Pictures in some Twitter feeds doesn’t show up” (The solution is to select “Classic” style in Twitter widget)
- [NovoDS4k Device] Fixed the issue of “media widgets are always covered by HDMI-IN video source”
- [Device] Fixed Google Drive loading issue in Remote Media upon device reboot without Internet access.
- [Device] Fixed the issue of “failed to receive data from the server” upon logging into Google Calendar
- [Device] Fixed the issue of “black background left behind by video playback in Media widget”
- Update Instagram widget using their latest APIs to ensure future compatibility
- Fixed a certificate issue of Browser widget found in NovoDSmini, NovoDS, and NovoDS4k
- [NovoDS Studio] Support new product models, including
- NovoDisplay series
- NovoConnect NC-X700 and NC-X900
- Support multi-video decoding on NC-X700, NC-X900, NovoDisplay, and NovoTouch LK series
- Display Settings – Add 1080p@50Hz, 720p@50Hz, and 4K@25Hz
- [NovoDS Studio] Weather widget – add “Verify Location” to validate location information is entered properly.
- [NovoDS Studio] Clock widget – provide two new Analog-Clock designs
- [NovoDS Studio] Fixed the issue of “Filenames become garbled when exporting/importing playlists”
- Fixed the issue of “FTP Access is Blocked”
- Fixed the issue of “NovoDS doesn’t support flexible playlist”
- Fixed the issue of “blank Remote Snapshot” found in NovoDS Studio V3.3.0
- [Device Firmware] Fixed the issue of “showing Google Play services error”
- Fixed the issue of “FTP Access is Blocked” only
- [NovoDS Studio] Add the support of Local media, Webpage, Local Text, RSS, Weather, Clock, mp3, PDF, YouTube and IP Streaming widgets in the preview engine (“Preview Now”)
- Enable NovoDS devices (model DS200) to support playlists created with flexible layout
- Enable Media widget to support MP3 files
- [NovoDS Studio] Add “Display On/Off schedule” to device groups
- Add the support of text encoding “iso-8859-1” in addition to US-ASCII, Big5, GBK, UTF-8, and UTF-16
- Fixed the issue of “Twitter not working” (due to API changes at Twitter.)
- [Media widget] function: Add PDF format support
- [Preview] function: Add the support to show background picture and PDF files
- NovoDS Mobile: Add the option of disable/enable auto-launch upon power-up (Note: some Android tablets may not support this feature.)
- Clean up system logs every 24 hours (to avoid occupying too much storage space)
- Bundle two DLL files to avoid installation failure found in some versions of Windows (Home Edition).
- Fixed “RS232 failure” in previous release (V3.1.0)
- Fixed “Users can’t use custom background color in Text widget”
- Fixed “Newly-created playlist not showed up in DS Schedules and DS Devices”
- Fixed “YouTube playback stops after long-term continuous playback (more than 8 hours)”
- Fixed “Instagram log-in failure (due to Instagram API changes)”
- [NovoDS Studio] Newly Redesigned User Interface
- [NovoDS Studio] Preview Now Feature
- Auto Reboot Feature
- Remote Volume Control
- Manual NTP Server Option
- Hide Android drop down menu
- Display error message when unable to connect to Remote Media
- Auto-Start NovoDS Application Feature (only for NovoTouch and NovoDS Mobile)
- Update Weather API
- HDMI In will automatically resize to accommodate 16:9 Region
- When network connection is dropped, NovoDS returns to homescreen
- [Clock Widget] – Countdown Timer Feature
- [Calendar] – Microsoft Office 365 Calendar support
- [microSD AutoConfig] – 802.1X and Time Zone Configuration
- [Web Widget] – “Hide Page Loading Progress” checkbox
- Apply to all pages feature for Background Music
- [Playlist] Background music to “Apply to all pages” feature
- [Media Widget] Improved Picture Transition Effects
- [NovoDS Cloud] Limited file size to 2GB to improve user experience
- [NovoDS Studio] Improved transition speed from DS Playlists tab to DS Device tab
- [NovoDS4K Only] Improved HDMI In Performance
- Fixed Import Region Issue
- Fixed the Schedule with multiple playlists issue
- Launch NovoDS Cloud Service
- Facebook and Instagram Support
- 8 Picture Transition Effects – Including Ken Burns Effect, Card Flip, Zoom In, Fade In, Fly In, Float In, Fly Out, and Rotate
- Calendar – iCalendar and Google Calendar Support
- Google Drive – Remote Media / Remote Text Public Link Support
- Flexible Layout for NovoDS4K Playlists
- [Twitter] Added Twitter Hashtag Support
- [Text] Vertical Scrolling Text – Added Speed Control
- [Logs] Log Download (System Log & App Log)
- [Studio] Added Play and Stop Buttons in Settings/Playlist Tab
- Display On/Off Configuration for Device Groups
- Fixed “Close this application, and install “PowerPoint” from Microsoft Office first” Issue when user tries to add PowerPoint file as Media
- Fixed the Inability to play media from Dropbox folder public link
- [MAC] Fixed the inability to use grid layout for NovoDS4K only
- [MAC] Fixed the exporting and importing of playlists between MAC and PCs.
- [Remote Media] Single File Public Links for Google Drive and Dropbox currently not supported
- [Flexible layout] When HDMI-IN and Google Calendar overlap, user cannot input his account info
- Add Instagram/Facebook widget
- Enable the support of NovoDS Cloud service •Device firmware supports future NovoDS Cloud service •Cloud Upload Manager is added to NovoDS Studio software
- Optimize “DS Schedule” GUI, making it more intuitive
- Improve “Import/Export” operation flow
- Bug-fix: Remote text supports both ASCII and Unicode strings
- The list of supported device models
- Supported flexible layout
- New picture transition effects
- Improve RS-232 and HDMI UI
- Rename NovoDS Simulator to NovoDS Mobile for Android devices.
- The latest features of NovoDS for PC & Mac, now available on Android. Click here for more details
Improvements for NovoDS Studio PC/Mac users
- Web engine HTML5 performance is improved by 40%
- Stability of web rendering engine and YouTube long-term playback
- Reduced the duration of transitions between the consecutive video clips
Bug Fixes for NovoDS Studio PC/Mac users
- Fixed HDMI compatibility issue with Panasonic LCD panels
- Fixed file name issue when accessing Dropbox folder (Remote Media)
- Rename NovoDS Software to Novo Studio for PC/MAC operation
- Launch NovoDS Remote App
- HDMI input for background or front page playlist content design (available in NovoDS4k)
- Support Multi-Playlist & Multi-Players Synchronization
- 8 Pre-defined Overlay Messages
- MicroSD card auto play issue