This article is applicable for Ubuntu 22.04 and above.
Ubuntu 22.04 replaces its windowing system’s communication protocol from X11 to Wayland, which makes NovoConnect software fail to execute screen capture program properly. This article describes how to resolve this issue by adjusting Ubuntu’s setup.
1. Run “Settings”, and navigate to “Windowing System” -> “About” (See below picture)
For ensure NovoConnect Software can work properly, “Windowing System” must change to “X11”, system default is “Wayland”.
2. Step by step instruction:
- Disable Wayland in custom.conf
sudo nano /etc/gdm3/custom.conf
- Search for the WaylandEnable config. You should set it to false in order to disable Wayland:
- Restart GDM
sudo systemctl restart gdm3
3. Run “Settings”, and navigate to “Windowing System” -> “About” again (See below picture)
Now, “Windowing System” is changed to “X11”.