- This document is applicable to NovoTouch EK series, including NovoTouch EK-2/EK-3 series.
- Each EK model has its own upgrade package. Please make sure you download the correct package for your model. Using a wrong package could make your NovoTouch unable to boot up.
- The upgrade package is stored in a folder called “upgrade_811” / “upgrade_9950”. When you receive the firmware upgrade package, typically you need to unzip it first and then copy folder “upgrade_811” / “upgrade_9950” onto a USB disk. You should see the following file/folder structure on the USB disk.
- For EK2 series, the folder should be “upgrade_811“
- For EK3 series, the folder should be “upgrade_9950“
- Power down NovoTouch panel.
- Insert the USB disk into the USB port at the front panel of NovoTouch panel.
- Press-and-hold button POWER until the LED flashes red and blue quickly, indicating the upgrade process is started. Please do NOT remove the USB disk during this process.
- A progress bar is shown to display the completion percentage. Once it gets to 100%, the NovoTouch will restart automatically. During this first-time boot-up, it will take a bit longer to perform some additional post-processing.
- Once it fully boots into Android home screen, the firmware upgrade is completed. Now you can unplug the USB disk.